Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Habitat for Humanity Build

As you know I am part of a group called Habitat for Humanity. As this activity allows us to explore the local community and help them with construction or digging up foundations. All year, because of acedemic work and being part of a play, I never had the chance to go out and realise this experience, but last weekend was my first time and it was a blast! Our location was about 45 minutes away from school in a neighborhood that was relatively poor. We Helped one of the local people dig a foundation for her and her family wanted to extend their house. I also met other local kids and gave them a show with my juggling skills.  All though it was a helping people, it was also a physical challenge. The next day my back was sore and my legs were cramping. Hence I hope to be part of the next habitat build and continueing to explore the local environements.

No comments:

Post a Comment